F Frontierer - Experimental Mathgrind - SHDCVLT

Frontierer - Experimental Mathgrind



So I was turned on to a crazy grind outfit that strangely enough operates akin to Infant Annihilator in that the two members are separated, but by Atlantic rather than the Pacific.

Split between Missouri and Great Britain, Frontierer slaps you abrasively with short, spastic bursts of 1-2 minute long onslaughts of excellently executed mathgrind a la Car Bomb and Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza.

So far I think I have listened to this album over 20 times in the last couple of days and let me tell you: I am still not tired of it.

The first three tracks pretty much set the tone for the whole CD, but once you hit track four - The Override (Digital Rewire) - starts with one of the strangest sounds I've heard come out of a guitar and then bounces around with several crazy riffs and ends abruptly.

It is rather easy to be deceived by the length of these songs, because they seem to flow together seamlessly.
All in all, this is a solid mathgrind record and should not be passed up.  Keep your eyes on these guys, I expect more great efforts by Frontierer.

Go here to listen/buy their debut album and get fucking shredded.



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

About Me