F SHDCVLT Interviews Christopher Deckard from Like Monroe - SHDCVLT

SHDCVLT Interviews Christopher Deckard from Like Monroe

Thanks for taking some time from warped tour to do the interview. Would you like to introduce yourself and your band to the readers? My name is Christopher Deckard and I play guitar and do vocals in a band from Houston, Tx called Like Monroe

How did you guys come up with the name like monroe and why the change from a candle lit city? After drastic member changes and a complete Rebirth as a band, the guys felt it was necessary to form a new image all together. We are not the same people as we were when we started playing music at the age of 13 or 14. I myself am now 24 and I have been through things that I can only express through my lyrics. Like Monroe is simply meant to project the image of someone who by all outside appearances is just perfect but on the inside is fighting their demons on a daily basis and still is able to put a smile on. That's how we feel and we have a lot of friends who feel the same way. I've been listening to you guys for a few years and your structures in your songs are a bit different than the standard core bands out there. Would you like to elaborate on your writing process? Well we just write what we would listen to, We all share ideas, melodies, riffs, and Wade will put down his ideas, Ty will be writing his lyrics, and Alex and I will put down our ideas musically. We sometimes are able to collaborate but more times we each have our own song in the end. I have wrote notebooks and journals worth of lyrics over the past 2 and a half years of being away from music and I am now getting to release those haunting things from my past and get it out all in the open. 

How has working with Artery Recordings changed it up since your DIY days?
We actually work with Artery Global Booking. How has your experience on warped been so far and how many dates are you going to be on?
Its been awesome. We are just out here to hang with friends and support them and hopefully be able to play next year. What plans do you guys have as far as local shows and future touring coming in the next couple months? We have a couple of regional one off shows and some tours being lineup for the fall/winter What has been your favorite memory touring so far?
Smashing a Ps3 When can we expect a full length from you guys? I don't think I have heard a song I havent liked yet and I am looking forward to more new ones. 

Later this Fall! FINALLY! and its worth the wait. You have my word. What is your current set up and what sponsors would you like to see in the future?
Reverend Guitar, Dr Strings, Monster Cables, Orange 4x12 Cab, Orange AD30HTC Amplifier, Rocktron Ultra Hush. and I have all the sponsors I have ever dreamed of. If you could mkae any tour happen what would it be alive or not?
ISSUES, Crown The Empire, The Color Morale, TDWP, Secrets, Nightmares, and of course Like Monroe

Give them a like on facebook!
Like Monroe

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

About Me